9.25.2008



THE TAKING BY DEAN KOONTZ
I've been a real fan of Dean Koontz for years, but when I read The Taking, I turned on my computer and started going over my own writing, using the digital equivalent of a red pen to dissect my own work into incomprehensible graffiti. Nothing was good enough. No point I made, no insight, no turn of phrase meant a goddamned thing in comparison to this book about an alien invasion. And when I'd finally talked myself down from that ledge, I still wanted to be a writer. Probably even more. Dean Koontz has never, in my memroy at least, wasted a word. Everything is important, much in the way that Battlestar Galactica (awesome) or Skins (too awesome for words) can take seemingly mundane information and turn it into a seizure of revelation when they finally drop the bomb. Just read it.

No comments:

無料カウンター Powered by   FIX2RENT